Friday 14 February 2014

'BRUTAL' Art Exhibition

19/10/2013

Photos I took at the exhibition shown a bit in my last post!

Providing an easy way to get in the Halloween spirit, “BRUTAL London” takes your most cringe-worthy thoughts and renders them in the imaginably claustrophobia-inducing space of a dilapidated building. The exhibit, curated by Lazarides Gallery in conjunction with The Vinyl Factory, is an annual off-site exhibition by the legendary art dealers. Curated by Steve Lazarides, “BRUTAL” features various artists’ interpretations of the term – including Cleon Patternson‘s large, black mural, which is reminiscent of Athenian vase paintings; James Lavelle‘s dark short film about a melancholy self-piercing cabaret dancer; and a live performance piece by The Bone Breakers – who wrestled, ran and biked throughout the space with bats. Source.

2 comments:

  1. The first piece is amazing! Who is the artist behind it?
    (Love your blog!) :)

    http://alanabartonart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure to be honest but yes it is gorgeous isn't it!
      Thanks very much :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Tell me what you think of my latest post below, I'll most likely reply to all. And I will do my best to comment back on your blog if you have one <3

.post-body img,.Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { border: 0; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1); -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1); }